Published on December 13th, 2013 | by dee0
Call of Duty Ghosts PC Updates for December 12
This December 12th brought many updates including those for the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. It included Stability fixes, Weapon Balancing issues and Additional Fixes, taking care of a lot of problems people have been facing.
This particular update brought many unique changes that the Xbox didn’t see and many that yet remain similar. There was a particular crash that had to do with using the smoke grenade. There was also an issue that fixed black screens during clan wars and a significant improvement for the functionality of operations. The most interesting part of this update brought a weapon balancing effect to the MSBS assault rifle giving it a reduction in range, a lower fire rate on and the Burst Fire Attachment. The MSBS also can no longer make 2 shot kills to the arms and legs.
The long list of Additional Fixes added an interesting warning for the video settings that gamers receive when they are trying to run the game on low VRAM in low-resolution textures. There is also a hair stimulation update from nVidia. Many of the other updates are very similar to the Xbox updates along with a few unique ones. You can view the full patch notes below:
Dec. 12, 2013
- Fixed PSM crash with smoke grenade.
- Fixed an issue where the Squad Reports Screen would occasionally hang on a black screen.
- Fixed black screen issue that would occasionally occur in clan wars bonus playlist.
- Fix for a rare bots crash.
- Improved operations functionality.
- MSBS Range reduced.
- MSBS no longer 2 shot kill to arms and lower legs (rewards accuracy).
- Fire rate on MSBS and Burst Fire Attachment reduced.
- Added warning if video settings are likely to cause game to run low on VRAM resulting in low-res textures.
- nVidia hair simulation update.
- Fix for inability to bring up friends menu with mouse while in create-a-soldier.
- Fix for Private Match showing an empty stats screen after a match.
- Fix for past title entitlements not appearing properly.
- Fixed issue that would occur when having hardline as last perk with specialist.
- Fixed inconsistencies between SP and MP for a few patches and backgrounds.
- Fixed rare issue with blinking objects (IED, SAT COM) if player left shortly after using.
- Added no enemy callouts to incog perk description.
- Fixed an issue where connecting to a Squads game could potentially see the buttons/title for an incorrect Squad mode.
- Menu optimization for clan wars.
- Fix for going to the store from the create-a-soldier menu.
- Fixed incorrect indexing of perks with squads that had defined loadouts.
- Fixed bots so they can open doors (Warhawk/Freight).
- Fix for splitscreen issue when going to the store.
- Blitz bug fixes.
- Host migration timer bug fixes.
- Fix for potentially not showing the in game “controller removed” popup.
- Fixed splitscreen UI bug where the dom capture bar would be in the way of the reticle.
- Fixed a couple bugs with the new icon.
- Fix to clear unlock data when leaving post game lobbies to prevent seeing online unlock in offline modes and vice versa.
- Added scrolling animation to social feed ticker.
- Fix to validate reticle type even when switching sights.
- Fixed long pause when enabling eSports mode after returning from non-eSports game mode.
- Fixed a bug where the bomb planting bar would flash when spectating someone who planted the bomb earlier in the match.
- Added icon to indicate bomb carrier on scoreboard in eSports mode.
- Fix for sound issue when seeker explodes.
- Fix for final escape being broken by player jumping off cliff after nuke activation.
- Fix for drill disappearing when grabbing the drill after using SOFLAM.
- Fixed unlimited weapon glitch in first contact.
- Fixed animation issue when pressing RT before riotshield was out.