Published on December 13th, 2013 | by dee0
Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 Update for December 12
Click here for Xbox One updates.
It’s been quite a while since the last Xbox 360 update in November and the patch notes definitely reflect that. The November 29th patch is half the size of this months patch showing that once again, Infinity Ward is getting the job done to bring us the best Call of Duty game to date.
Various areas were targeted in this update such as Stability, Weapon Balancing (interesting) and a long list of Additional Fixes that included bugs, issues and a few other optimizations that give gamers a better experience.
The most important changes in this update that we found interesting was a reduction in the MSBS assault rifle, giving it a shorter range of fire, a reduction in the fire rate and the Burst Fire Attachment, and IW decided to remove the 2 shot kill to the arms and lower legs with an addition to reward accuracy. In the category of Additional Fixes, we find a list of 27 light to moderate updates that changed things like inconsistencies between single player and multiplayer regarding patches and backgrounds, added some optimization for clan wars and even corrected some splitscreen issues.
The list of fixes included things like missing popups on the Xbox when the controller is removed, bugs with the new icon, unnoticeable bugs such as long pauses when starting eSports mode, and various sound issues in-game that effected explosions. For a long list of changes, please refer to the patch notes below:
Dec. 12, 2013
- Fixed an issue where the Squad Reports Screen would occasionally hang on a black screen.
- Fixed black screen issue that would occasionally occur in clan wars bonus playlist.
- Fix for a rare bots crash.
- Improved operations functionality.
- MSBS Range reduced.
- MSBS no longer 2 shot kill to arms and lower legs (rewards accuracy).
- Fire rate on MSBS and Burst Fire Attachment reduced.
- Fix for past title entitlements not appearing properly.
- Fixed issue that would occur when having hardline as last perk with specialist.
- Fixed inconsistencies between SP and MP for a few patches and backgrounds.
- Fixed rare issue with blinking objects (IED, SAT COM) if player left shortly after using.
- Added no enemy callouts to incog perk description.
- Fixed an issue where connecting to a Squads game could potentially see the buttons/title for an incorrect Squad mode.
- Menu optimization for clan wars.
- Fix for going to the store from the create-a-soldier menu.
- Fixed incorrect indexing of perks with squads that had defined loadouts.
- Fixed bots so they can open doors (Warhawk/Freight).
- Fix for splitscreen issue when going to the store.
- Blitz bug fixes.
- Host migration timer bug fixes.
- Fix for potentially not showing the in game “controller removed” popup.
- Fixed splitscreen UI bug where the dom capture bar would be in the way of the reticle.
- Fixed a couple bugs with the new icon.
- Fix to clear unlock data when leaving post game lobbies to prevent seeing online unlock in offline modes and vice versa.
- Added scrolling animation to social feed ticker.
- Fix to validate reticle type even when switching sights.
- Fixed long pause when enabling eSports mode after returning from non-eSports game mode.
- Fixed a bug where the bomb planting bar would flash when spectating someone who planted the bomb earlier in the match.
- Added icon to indicate bomb carrier on scoreboard in eSports mode.
- Fix for sound issue when seeker explodes.
- Fix for final escape being broken by player jumping off cliff after nuke activation.
- Fix for drill disappearing when grabbing the drill after using SOFLAM.
- Fixed unlimited weapon glitch in first contact.
- Fixed animation issue when pressing RT before riotshield was out.