Published on May 26th, 2013 |by Ghost
Ghosts Developers Discuss New Features
Call of Duty Ghosts development team and Infinity Ward Executive Producer Mark Rubin tell us about the new features they are bringing to their upcoming title. We’ll list out the interesting bits below for those of you who want a quick run down of what to expect.
Call of Duty Ghosts – Behind the Scenes
- Stephen Gaghan – Writer of Traffic and Writer Director of Syriana
- New emotional characters
- Ghosts are a special elite squad who have formed from remnants of various US special forces.
- A new canine team-mate, a German Shephard, who will help protect your team and assist you in ways such as sniffing out explosives.
New Next-Gen Engine
- New AI System – AI will react in new ways to what you’re doing. For example, fish moving out of your way.
- Interactive Smoke
- Advanced Lighting – Reflections and shadows.
- New detailed shading.
- Momentum – eg. Running and jumping onto walls will cause you to “bounce” onto and off them, improving the flow.
New Online Features
- Lean feature
- Diving and sliding – Similar to diving on Black Ops
- Dynamic Maps – Events will happen in the middle of games.
- Player driven actions that will change the flow of a map such as explosive traps.
- Character Customisation
- Custom equipment
- Custom gear
- Custom body armor
- Custom helmet
- Run at a minimum of 60fps.